Wednesday, June 10, 2009

fake leg, fake head, and fake cocaine

Chronologically and shooting schedule- day 2.

Reggie wakes up on the floor. His nose is bleeding and there's still a line of coke on the mirror next to his sleeping brother. It's a little cold so Reggie keeps his blanket on like a cape. He drops to his knees and snorts the coke off the table. He's cold and the stove is empty, he wants a fire going. Reggie steps outside to the woodpile. The stiff breeze and the obvious hangover would threaten to turn back a weaker man, but not Reggie! Besides, his brother is sleeping on the couch. It's the nice thing to do since he took MAMA's death so hard. Reggie will do the nice things MAMA would do for them when they were kids. Reggie might even gut the fish Louis caught. Pile up as many piece of wood you can carry for your bro.... AGGGGGGHH! Reggie stepped on an upturned nail! It went RIGHT THROUGH HIS FOOT AND BOOT!


Visually, without a word, this is Reggie's most beautiful scene, Jeff Wheaton did an amazing job! I love how the breeze picked up as the right time, and clutching the blanket made Reggie look like he was struggling to keep warm. The nail "removing" was funny to shoot. Pierre and I developed synchronized grunting, which got a big pop from the crew. When it was finally removed, Louis drags me inside. Then all Hell breaks loose from that point on!

I won't reveal too much, but I've never had so many prosthetic parts made for me. I love monster movies with heavy make-up/special effects and Blood Shed had a few gore make-up and head casting sessions. My signature butt chin and prominent brow were cast in plaster of Paris for our most unique kill scene.

Then there's the party scene. Whatever that powder was (vitamin B) it was very dry and if you coughed during the scene, a cloud of white smoke would shoot out, and it happened to be the scene with the most dialogue! I think I did 12 lines in 4 takes of the stuff. Make-up around the eyes made my eyes bug out, I look completely stoned but really the vitamin stuff was coating my lungs... I felt like I just drank an energy drink, without the bloated stomach feeling. It wore off in like 15 minutes, so I knew I wasn't snorting real cocaine.

To this day I have a few physical props of Blood Shed. I have one of Reggie's bloodstained tie-dyes and a wedding band I picked out of a ring box. It is written inside "forever 1967" I was born in 1971! I wear it on occasions I need to be married on film on in theater. The poor tie-dye is stiff from the fake blood and I don't dare to wash it. It's fine the way it is, hanging in my closet with my black overcoat and pimp fur coat. As an actor in NB, I often get asked: "well what do you have for your character's wardrobe?" Maybe in a video montage with: "I know what I like in your wardrobe" by Genesis in the background I'll show you. I surprise myself too. Why do I have a light green women's top?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood Shed

Blood Shed