Monday, June 1, 2009

bad ass door kicking and trailer fishing

I don't know if I have the shooting schedule still but I remember what was shot in the daytime and what was shot at night. To spare Reggie tie dyes, we shot the scenes when Reggie was unhurt first. Friday morning wasn't so bad. it was like a camping trip. When you get up and feel the nice fresh air, blowing from the nearby river, you can't help feel energized even if you drank your face off last night. The fishing scene was one of the early takes. I love to eat fish, but I seldom go fishing, if at all. I've gutted fish someone else caught, but never actually casted a line. In BLOOD SHED, I'm actually trying to put a worm on the hook as Pierre is casting and saying his lines. Like a year later, Pierre brought me back to the same waterhole and I ACTUALLY CAUGHT A FISH! I ate the bloody catch, he was mine and I fried him up with butter and a cold Keith's.
You can also see this scene in the trailer
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=60818351604&oid=5430965833#/video/video.php?v=60814411604&oid=5430965833

I think a few dialogue heavy scenes where shot, where we saw MAMA in a photograph. Jennifer Mawhinney was real mama, posing with her three sons. Pierre's son Alexandre was young Reggie. I call him my "mini-Reggie" and he loves visiting me when his dad picks him up from pre-school. I have cool toys. However my favorite scene of the day started with Reggie at the typewriter. He hears a car coming in, looks through the blinds, grabs a rifle, kicks the screen door charging out to blow the F_cker away! The underwear was nixed, much to the delight of the crew. I was slightly over 190lbs then. Today? maybe balls out, bottomless. OK that's Dennis, Reggie isn't a pervert. But you gotta wonder what he does all alone in a camp near the lake. Oh yeah Pete calls strippers for him... case closed.

Kicking out the screen door was a treat. Every John Wayne or bad-ass character never touches the door handle; no, you have to kick it open! I had to laugh when I saw John Leguizamo in Land of the Dead; an actor about my height kicking in doors! It's so effective to illustrate he's a bad ass, despite being vertically challenged. Plus I had firepower. The gun wasn't loaded, but I felt very powerful. I oozed maschismo. This was way better with pants on, I don't think Reggie could have been as manly with his balls hanging out.

SPOILER ALERT: This was meant to be the opening scene. BLOOD SHED starts off with a little backstory about Louis serving time in prison, MAMA died during this time, and Louis went on a little mental kiling spree. Reggie was suppose to die. BUT in the final edit, this scene was brought to the end. Did Reggie imagine all this? Was Reggie having a premotion and was going to kill Louis before it happened? WHO KNOWS? it leaves it open for the audience's interpretation. I love it! Reggie is now an Anti-hero! As the actor who played Reggie, I'm totally pulling for Reggie to save the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood Shed

Blood Shed